Gibb's rules, are a list of rules Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs has made and nearly always lives by.
- 1a - Never let suspects stay together
- 1b - Never screw over your partner
- 2 - Always wear gloves at a crime scene
- 3a - Don't believe what you're told. Double check
- 3b - Never be unreachable
- 4 - The best way to keep a secret, keep it to yourself. The second best, tell someone if you must. There is no third best
- 5 - You don't waste good
- 6 - Never apologise, it's a sign of weakness. Except between friends
- 7 - Always be specific when you lie
- 8 - Never take anything for granted
- 9a - Never go anywhere without a knife
- 9b - Never leave home without a knife
- 10 - Never get personally involved in a case
- 11 - When the job is done, walk away
- 12 - Never date a coworker
- 13 - Never, ever involve a lawyer
- 15 - Always be a team
- 16 - If you think someone has the upper hand, break it
- 18 - It is better to ask permission then seek forgiveness
- 22 - Never interrupt Gibb's in interoggation
- 23 - Never mess with a Marines coffee...if you want to live
- 27 - There are two ways to follow someone, 1) So they don't notice you and 2) so they ONLY notice you
- 35 - Always watch the watchers
- 38 - Your case, your lead
- 39 - There is no such thing as coincedences
- 40 - If it seems someone is out to get you, they are
- 44 - Hide the women and children
- 45a - Never leave loose ends
- 45b - Clean up your mess
- 51 - Sometimes your wrong
 Other rules
Other then rule 13, Gibb's has more rules about lawyers. 13 is the main 'umbrella one'
Rule 3 'never be unreachable' is believed to be a rule of Mike Frank's as Gibbs has been known to leave his phone behind, turn it off, put it in paint thinner and unplug his home phone.
He broke Rule 12 with Jenny Shepard while they were undercover.
He has repeatedly broken Rule 6.
 The 40's
The 40's are known only to be used in dire situations. When Gibb's told Abby Rule 40 was in action and Abby told Tony, he said 'something unspeakably bad is going down'
This page has been accessed 615 times.